Friday, September 30, 2011

2012 Volkswagen Bug - Somehow NOT a Chick Car Anymore

Price: Cheapest is 20k.  Most expensive is 30k.  Not a bad deal at all
Power: Very decent to more than enough.  And (though I dont really care about this), it gets fabulous gas milage
Sex Appeal: It is...sexy.  Everything the previous new bug should have been.  This car should appeal to everyone.


I was scooching along in traffic yesterday when my eyesight was graced with a flash of white.  My mundane thoughts of an impending pastrami sandwich were pulled back to reality by what?  Huge rims? A spoiler? LED headlights? Aggressive wheel arches? A honken stripe that said "TURBO?" What was it?  The answer is all of the above!  Ladies and gentlemen, I saw the new 2012 VW bug, and my goodness, what a beauty!

There was no love in my heart for the "new bug," which crowded our streets for the better part of a decade.  It was big, it broke down a lot, and the cupholder was occupied by an immovable flower pot.  If that doesn't satisfy the definition of fruity, I don't know what does.  The old "new" bug was everything but what it needed to be: a peoples car.

But wait! The new "new" bug is here to save the day!  It looks completely similar to the old "new" bug, but at the same time it is completely different.  It still has the same headlights, the same wheel arches, the same curved silhouette, but now it is 110% more muscular.  There is no other way to say it, this is now a cool car.  There is definitely a sense of Porsche and Audi DNA in this car (two companies VW now own).

The biggest improvement of this car is that it is once again a people car.  There is something for everyone.  There is a diesel, a generic 5 cylinder motor, the very sexy turbo model, and they call are available for less than 30k.  When it is broken down to a basic form, the new "new" bug is now a two-door sports car.  A simple google search will show pictures of the interior of this car and my oh my, it looks like it was taken out of cars five times the price.

Volkswagen definitely has a next bestseller on their hands.  I like this car so much that there is a definite possibility that the turbo model may be my next car.  It is unique, good looking, and a great value.  Another benefit that this car has is that there are no competitors for it.  It isn't a hatchback so the Mini Cooper is out, and it is too different from the Mustang crowd so I think that many will flock to this new car design and absolutely love it.

I think I am going to go and drive it at the VW dealer tomorrow...you know, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment